Followers

Monday 8 June 2015

Meet Betty Boots...

...a new clear stamp range from Creative Expressions.

My Mum's name is Betty and her favourite colour is 'blue' so when I saw this at Pinnacles...
 ...I just had to have. Unfortunately (for my bank account), there are other stamp sets in this range and they have been put aside for later collection.

I love stamps but one of the down sides is that the images can sometimes be a bit small and there is nothing you can do about it. Whereas with a digi you can print them out whatever size you want. Well this little 'Miss' isn't so small, she just fits nicely onto a 5x4 acrylic block.

So after stamping out a sheet of images with Memento ink (for use with alcohol pens), I then photocopied the sheet so I could use my Distress markers which are water-based. This was my first completed image...
...the blues used were Weathered wood, Stormy sky and Faded jeans. Everything was coloured with Distress markers except for the skin - the Copics came into play here. Once completed, I added some Cosmic Shimmer "Aurora Twinkles" to her head band and wings.
The pens were out and I had a selection of ready images so...
 ...this one was done completely with Copics and a touch of twinkles.
It is now June so we are almost half-way through the year and Christmas crafting products are starting to make an appearance - so it had to be done...
...here is Fairy Betty in her "Santa's Helper" outfit. Again, Copics were used as the colouring medium and a bit of bling was added using twinkles and some Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle PVA in "Berry".

I'm looking forward to picking up my "Steampunk Betty" and "Oops, Sorry Betty" so I can have a play around with different colourways on them too.................................................................


3 comments:

Virginia said...

Wow don't they look different depending on the colour way!

Lori said...

It's amazing how different the same image looks just by changing colors! They are all adorable and beautifully colored!

Sue Jones said...

lovely - all so pretty :)