Followers

Monday 1 June 2015

What a strange...

..."Members weekend".

Normally I take the Friday as a days leave and meet up with my friend Hilary for a bit of retail therapy when members weekend comes around. However, I had to be a work on Friday because of all my leavers and unfortunately, Hilary couldn't make it on Saturday as she was already booked to be somewhere else.

Joanne said that it had seemed strange seeing Hilary on her own on Friday and instead of the pair of us...shopping...breaking for coffee...shopping...breaking for lunch...and sometimes a bit more shopping...Hilary did her shopping and went home.

I shopped...had lunch...then shopped some more.

However, it isn't quite the same when you are there on your own.

I had wanted a couple of Sue Wilson dies but unfortunately, the solid flower had sold out but I still managed to get some lovely new bits to play with...
...I got the last 'cut-out' version of the Sue Wilson die, a couple of John Lockwood clear stamp sets, most of the Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent Watercolour sets, a load more Ranger re-inkers and a few other bits & bobs.

It wasn't the same being there on my own but at least Hilary & I have a lunch date next weekend so we can catch up........................................................................

Update: I popped into Pinnacles on my way home from Mum's on Sunday afternoon and was lucky enough to pick up the solid Sue Wilson flower die - someone must have had it in their basket and then decided to put it back. I am looking forward to making some time to have a good play with these dies.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Ah bless you - lovely goodies but I'm sure you'll be glad when it's back to your normal routine with your friend!