Followers

Friday 22 January 2016

I decided it was time...

...for a new knitting bag.

Not that I don't love my tartan one anymore.

No!

I love this cheery little bag that I have sitting by me on the sofa...
...but as you can see, it doesn't have a very large capacity...
...here it is full to the brim with just 2x 100g balls of yarn, a couple of knitted squares and a square "on the go". Fine for keeping my current knitting projects together in one place but not really suitable for crafting on the move.

Here is my new bag...
 ...in a sort of Cath Kidston style fabric that is wipe cleanable (which also means it is rain-proof). It has a lovely collection of pockets all around the outside and as you can see...
...lots of room inside - this is 4 x 100g balls and there is still plenty of room.

I had been looking at these bags in 'Linens Direct' for a while and decided I really did need something for travel purposes when it came to my knitting. I often take something with me when I visit Mum or if I am accompanying her to a hospital appointment but my old knitting bag wasn't really suitable. This is pretty and practical so it ticks all the boxes.

Another step towards a more organised Me in 2016...................................................................

7 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love your new bag sure looks bigger and pretty.xx {aNNie}

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love your new bag, very pretty and practical

Virginia said...

Oh toni that is lovely and weather proof too so win win

Stef H said...

i LOVE fingerless gloves. i have several pairs but NONE handmade. love yours.

i used to be able to knit, crochet and cross-stitch and then my fingers started cramping up when i hold the needles for any length of time. sure do miss the crocheting tho.
funny that my crafting - which i do all by hand - doesn't make my hands cramp. must be the way i hold the needles. go figure.

at least that blizzard missed us. hope it doesn't head your way. 2-3 feet of snow on the east coast! holy crap! my house would cave in!

have a great weekend!

hugs :)

Sandra said...

That's so lovely, really pretty

silvercustard said...

Loving the new bag.. yes very CK :O) all my wool sits in a willow basket in the corner of the living room and I think the cats get more use out of it than I do!! lol (but then its more for pom poms than knitting)

Lori said...

Great looking bags - so fun to have your yarn in something pretty!