Followers

Sunday 3 January 2016

My first...

...completed crafting of 2016.

A pair of fingerless mittens and a lace snood...
 ...the yarn is Stylecraft "Cabaret" in Ocean...
 ...a lovely soft yarn with a hint of sparkle...
 ...I was really pleased with the way the pieces knitted up so quickly.

I'm a lazy knitter. I can calculate stitches and work out my own patterns but if there is a pattern available to save me the trouble, I'm happy to use it as a basis for my knitting. In this case, I've knitted these mittens a couple of times now but this was the first time I had tried the snood. Having seen how easy the stitch pattern worked up on the snood, I decided to have a play.

Using a white sparkly yarn...
 ...I knitted another pair of mittens but added a band of the lace stitch...
...it seems to have worked rather well so I just need to complete the matching snood.

If I don't get fed-up with knitting these, there could be a few produced and put aside ready for next Christmas' gifts..................................................................

7 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow these are fabulous, especially love the top one. I have a snood and it is great for cold days. I don't like knitting but hope you get more made.

Sue Jones said...

Well i am very impressed. Theses ae lovely - i can only knit in a straight line ha ha. I lIke crocheting but havent done any for a few years. Happy New Year Toni.

Redanne said...

You really have been a busy bee! I love the snood, the colours are just beautiful and I love the white version of the gloves too - very, very beautiful! Anne xx

Sandra said...

I'm so impressed

Virginia said...

Oh you've been busy already - well done you and how gorgeous are they - I love the lacy cuff element - fabulous!

aussie aNNie said...

These are gorgeous, love the white one with the band....xx
 {aNNie}

Lynn Stevens said...

These are Lovely Toni, forgive my ignorance but what is a snood?
Hugs Lynn