Followers

Saturday 30 January 2016

Nice things do happen...

...occasionally.

On my way back from "Member's weekend" at Pinnacle Crafts I got caught in a traffic jam that would have been hard pressed to compete with a snail. A jam that turned out to be caused by roadworks but one of those situations where the 'wonderful' workmen didn't see a need to place any road signs until you were right on top of the closed off area. As a result I cut through a different way and as I was passing Craft Plus, I thought I would pop in and pick up a Joy stamp that I had been considering.

It is "Tombola" weekend (a fact that I had forgotten with everything else that has happened this week). The wooden box was being spun and everyone was being invited to draw a ticket which could have resulted in a discount of 10%, 15%, 20%...whatever.

The ticket that I pulled was for 50% off all purchases so I came away with a bit more that I went in for as you can see...
 ...this little lot would have been around £60 but at just under £30 I was a very happy bunny and you might notice there is a Tim Holtz Christmas blueprint set in amongst it all - this was the cherry on the top of the cake. I have looked longingly at this set for some time but couldn't justify the expense but now it is all mine.

Did I remember to get the stamp that I actually went in for?

Yes I did and here it is...
 ...I have some pretty pastel rainbow papers and I'm looking forward to having a play with this on those papers.

At Pinnacle's member's weekend I treated myself to this...
 ...as my pencil case has run out of spaces for the tools I have...
 ...I also added a couple of shaders to my collection...
...along with some pens...
...and a couple of grids.

I also picked up the G45 Worlds Fair in 12x12 & 8x8 as well as some Sweet Dixie dies that I have been thinking about. All in all I managed to get the things that I had budgeted for and a few extras (I hadn't planned on the Pergamano pens).

My friend Hilary was very pleased with her purchases and she is looking forward to the Sue Wilson dies that she pre-ordered.

The café at Barleylands is still out of commission but my suggestion of putting some seating in the barn has been taken on board so at least folk can sit out of the weather - there is also background music playing LOL.

Hilary and I had a lovely catch-up chat whilst tucking into a fried egg roll (Me) and a bacon roll (Hilary), washed down with nice hot coffee.

The latest about Mum - and thank you for all the lovely messages I received - she is still in hospital, still in pain (although the Doctor thinks some of this may be that she is tensing assuming there will be pain) and not very mobile. We have had to lodge concerns that the hospital are not being very 'open' about her condition as on Tuesday I visited to find that she was barely conscious but we had been told on the phone that she was "fine". Now the latest thing is that she isn't eating because she says it makes her feel sick - she has been in hospital a week and they only thought to mention it when my niece questioned them about something else yesterday (Friday). So I went in yesterday afternoon with a supply of baby rice because I know that it is something that she uses at home to help her swallow her tablets. She still wasn't keen but hopefully we can encourage her.

Today, I have to take her walking frame into the hospital because it would appear that they don't stock any that can be lowered sufficiently for Mum's height (???) - she's 4ft 10ins - not exactly minute. Hopefully having her own frame will encourage her to at least have a go at what the physios have been trying to get her to do.

Each day as it comes................................................................................

10 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow what gorgeous goodies, love the stamps. I have the Gorjuss Girl one and love it. That bicycle one is fab. I have some candy so might be your lucky day. Sorry things aren't great for your Mum, hope that improves xx

Sandra said...

Well normally traffic jams aren't much fun but yours was certainly worth it.

I'm sorry to hear about your mum. Keep up the nagging at the hospital and make sure she's drinking. Is it Fortis sips (or something like that) she's having. It's good for building up ... I used to get it on prescription for my mum when she wasn't eating

Weasel said...

That's a great haul of stamps and dies you have got Toni - I only got one die and one 8x8 G45 pad as I am on a stash diet (according to my partner lol) ... Hugs and best wishes for your Mums speedy recovery xx

Anonymous said...

Well done on getting your gorgeous goodies. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum, I hope she improves soon. x

Sue Jones said...

Aww so sorry to hear about your mum. I hope she is soon recovered and eating again.
What a fab haul of stash - enjoy xxx

Redanne said...

Oh Toni, I am so sorry to hear about your Mum, I do hope she improves soon so that you can get her back home, where she will likely feel more comfortable eating.

I won't tell you my horror story but I do worry about the NHS at times.... sigh.

That was a stroke of good luck for you getting 50% off and how lovely to find so many lovely things to buy. I think you deserve it - well done you! Hugs, Anne xx

Lynn Stevens said...

I love it when things like that happen. Was meant to be. Enjoy your new goodies.
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I do hope she starts eating and can come home soon?
Hugs Lynn

aussie aNNie said...

Lucky you Toni, glad you made the most of it.xx

Stef H said...

now THAT'S a great side-track!

sorry to hear about mum. keeping you all in my prayers. it's no fun getting old!

we've been very lucky this winter. very little snow and mild temps. i'll take it.

have a great week.

hugs :)

Lori said...

Wow - you got a great coupon and some fun things to play around with! So sorry about your mom - such a difficult and hard thing. I'm wishing you and your mom all the best!