Followers

Monday 11 June 2012

Are you good or bad...

...at using magazine freebies?

Are you like me...you see a mag with a must-have freebie and you have very good intentions of getting it home and making good use of it - you get it home, you read the mag...you get side-tracked...the freebie joins the pile soon to be buried by the next arrival.

I really do start out with good intentions but I am so easily distracted or tempted by something else which is a shame because there are often really fabulous goodies for us to make use of. Recently there have been super clear stamps - Teddy Bo and Wee - beautiful stamps; so why the problem using them?

Too many goodies and not enough time is an easy excuse to come up with - it's true but one can always find a moment or two. So with that in mind I decided to make use of some of my freebies.
Papercraft Essentials was the magazine with the Wee stamps.
I have been wanting a Wee fairy image for ages so there really wasn't any excuse.
Cardmaking and Papercraft gave away a pack of luxury papers so they were pulled out and the ideal paper was found.
This is what I came up with. I didn't want the card to be too fussy or bold as I didn't want to take anything away from the image.
She really was a dear to colour.
As with all fairies there has to be a bit of bling so I added crystal ice stickles to the wings.

I used my Copics to colour the image and to edge the CS & PP - you should all know me well enough by now to realise that I never remember to note what colours I use...one day I might remember and what a shock that will be for everyone LOL

Well, I've made a start on using my freebies - how are you getting along?...............................................

3 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh Toni I sooooooooooo know what you mean, in the past I had to have pretty much every magazine with a freebie but I've got more selective recently, however there are occasions when the freebie really is a 'must have'!

CLaire said...

Hello.. I am catching up once again... I tend to buy the magazines now back in the Uk..and I must say I do use them... I ink the stamps... stamp and then it sits in a folder waiting to be coloured... but I have recently found a new like... embossing..so have been playing with that... I have so many cards made with freebie papers.. one problem is..once its gone its gone.!!! and us crafters like to look at pretty papers not use them..lol

Sylvia Zet said...

I am so pleased to see you have found some free time to use my freebie! And you did great work with her, she is beautifully coloured. Especially her hair and wings look stunning!