Followers

Tuesday 26 June 2012

"When the clock strikes three...

...everything stops for tea".

What could be more quintessentially 'English' than afternoon tea? Even though I'm not keen on the stuff myself, when I spotted the ribbon that I've used on this card - I just had to have some to go with all the Red/White/Blue stash that I seem to have amassed over recent weeks.
Over at "Copic Marker Europe" they very kindly gave this image away as part of their Birthday celebrations. The image is by Krista Smith of Saturated Canary fame (I had already used the image provided by Sylvia Zet so thought it would be rude not to use this one too).
Isn't this little miss adorable!
...and look at that bag full of Copics.
I don't often decorate the inside of my cards but on this occasion I decided to continue with the very British feel of the card by lining the inside with the same Union Flag paper that I've used on the front (Vintage Union Jack - Personal Impressions). The rosette was made from the polkadot paper from the Portabella Road range by DoCrafts - a 1.5in strip was cut from the 12x12 sheet and then scored on my Hougie board. The disk in the centre of the rosette is a die-cut from the Kanban London range.
The ribbon just finishes it off nicely and also provides the sentiment.

I'll be linking this up to the 'linky thing' over at CME for their birthday celebrations but in addition to that - the current challenge over at the Saturated Canary challenge blog is Red/White/Blue so I'll be posting there also.

Do hop over to have a look at what other folk have created on both these sites...................................................

8 comments:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Just imagine having that HUGE bag of Copics and smile. Bet you did. :D

Emilie said...

This is such a fun and gorgeous card!!!

sixofone aka Leah said...

Great card. I have that ribbon too. Need to use it

June Nelson said...

Wow its amaz\ing just love htis card huggies June xxxxx

Debbie said...

Fab card, I especially like the rosette!

Debbie x

Allison said...

fab card and rosette
Allisonx

Sue Jones said...

ha ha just love it and i want MY Christmas sack filled like that!
gorgeous Card

Unknown said...

This is fabulous what a super card and you have coloured her beautifully well done hugs Elaine