Followers

Wednesday 13 June 2012

The Owl & the Pussy cat...

...and not a pea-green boat in sight.

Whilst I love the colour green, I'm not a fan of green cars or boats - that's just me but to my mind boats should be white & shiny with touches of red & blue so that they look great against the beautiful azure colour of the sea & sky (sadly lacking in the coastal waters around the UK LOL).

Anyhoo, I mentioned that I had actually inked up this stamp so I thought I would have a bit of a colouring session.
The pens give you an idea of the size of the image and as you can see - there is a fair bit of detail.
I'm not too sure about the owl - I think the background part of the head needs to be darker so will probably have a play around with it a bit more.
The sea came up quite well but I think when I come to use this image on a card I might add a bit of stickles or glossy accents to give it a bit of a glisten.

I really do need to have a good colouring session to build up my stock of coloured images - I have rather let them dwindle. I can see a bit more Copic usage on the way.........................................

5 comments:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Lovely! So sweet and fun!

Alix said...

oh i think you're great at this colouring malarky!

Debbie said...

Fab colouring and sweet image!

Debbie x

Virginia said...

Oh Toni that's lovely - great image and the colours really show it off!

fatmonica said...

I love the image and especially the way you've coloured the waves.Looks great.