Followers

Friday 29 June 2012

What a way to end the week...

...the Good, the Lovely and the down-right Awful!

Let's start with the Good.

On my way into work this morning I noticed an Ad in the Metro paper reminding folk that tomorrow is Armed Forces Day (Canvey Island will be having its usual parade and Mum will be there waving her flag) and in conjunction with this Pandora (you know - the expensive bead/charm bracelet folk) would be donating 15% of the cost of every AFD celebration piece sold. As today is payday and I have two family members serving "Queen & Country" I thought I might treat myself.

There is a Pandora shop in the Westfield shopping centre near to the office so I popped over there late lunchtime.
Nicely packaged.
This was the advert...
...and this was the pretty item that I now own - there are three of the roses making up the link.

The cost was a little bit 'ouch' but it's for a good cause and it really does look lovely...I'm still making up my mind whether I want to have this on a leather bracelet or a Japanese braid one...I'll have to give it some thought.

Moving on to the Lovely.

I have been lucky enough to win a couple of Magnolia Doohicky dies over at the CME Birthday celebrations **happy dance** such a lovely surprise.

Now onto the Awful.

Westfield in Stratford has been open since 13 Sept 2011 and in all that time, despite working right 'next door', today was only the 5th time I have been over there. I don't like the place. I don't like the layout and despite the high ceilings the very narrow walkways make everything seem closed in and claustrophobic. If it hadn't been for the AFD charm my visits would have remained at 4...

It was packed, it was uncomfortable and I made sure that I was in and straight back out again - that took long enough. I left the office shortly after 2pm and it was a good 45mins before I returned.

Luck I went when I did because this is what is currently on the BBC news website...


***Westfield Stratford stabbing leaves man dead A man has died during a fight at the Westfield shopping centre in Stratford.

Police were called to The Street on the ground floor of the east London centre at about 16:25 BST.

Two others have also been stabbed. All victims are thought to be in their late teens or early 20s. A man was arrested at the scene.

Police said several males were involved in the fight. London Ambulance Service said it treated one man for stab wounds and another for minor injuries.

Both have been taken to hospital.

Metropolitan Police officers are at the scene of the incident at the shopping centre, which is close to the Olympic Stadium.

A spokesman from the shopping centre said: "Westfield can confirm an incident occurred this afternoon at Westfield Stratford City.

"Westfield is working closely with the police and emergency services, however as this is a police matter we cannot provide any further details at this stage."***

We have had helicopters hovering over the office all afternoon and there were plenty of blue flashy lights everywhere. Luckily most of this had cleared by the time I headed for the station for my journey home.

All quite frightening and another reason for not venturing over to Westfield or wanting to be anywhere near the place during the Olympics...........................................

3 comments:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Yay for the good and lovely!
Glad to know you are safe and well. :)

voodoo vixen said...

Love your Pandora charm, they do make parting with your hard earned dosh quite easy don't they? LOL Sad that you have been further put off from visiting the mall after such news! Wonder if it felt more open if such a thing would have happened?

Julia Dunnit said...

NICE...a double whammy of a treat, for you and for the AF boys and gals, good for you. Horrible story about Stratford...so glad you were safely back at work..but really, isn't time we heard a bit more from the people whose lives are being trodden all over by the Olympics? There seems to be a blanket excuse for anything as long as it's for the olympics...