Followers

Sunday 30 January 2011

Hope you don't fall off your chairs...

...a layout is on the way LOL

I know...shocking isn't it and not just any old LO - this is the second one this year. TWO in a month...what could I be thinking LOL

I have to say, the idea for this LO came from t'internet but just where I can't remember so sorry for not giving a name to credit this against...I really do blop far too much and get myself lost from time to time.
You might remember this photo from some 'playing' I did within Picasa3 a short while ago - I thought it suited the title I had in mind.

The title was cut on the Cricut (yey...it's getting used) using the George & Basic shapes cart. I cut the letters in a very similar colour to the background PP and then cut a shadow in white. The lace circles are paper doilies that I got from Poundland. The back one was brushed with "Broken Glass" distressed ink and the top one left plain.
The red flowers were a mix of paper blooms and dimensional stickers. Silver coloured brads were used in the centre of the paper blooms so that they co-ordinated with the stickers. The journalling was written on a punched oval that had been edged with the "Broken Glass" colour.
The red flowers highlight the fact that only Santa remains in colour in the photo. The icicles were hand cut from white glitter card and stuck just behind the bottom of the photo.

There is quite a bit of bling on this LO. Red gems have been used to continue the red highlights and ice blue gems have been arranged in swirls to give a bit of sparkle without standing out too much.

Oh, and why that title...well knowing my limited techiness with PCs I thought it was magic that I had managed to achieve the combination of B&W with a spot of colour......................

7 comments:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Yay for you, using your Cricut!
Love the icicles, they look so real.

Sandra said...

It's gorgeous, love all the flowers and doilies ... very nice :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. :-) S xx

Scrappy~Sarah said...

beautiful layout :O)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous. I love the icicles.

TonyaA said...

Love this page! Very unique ;)
Blessings, peace, and love!
Tonya

Winnie said...

Great LO! Well done on two LOs this year already. That's 2 more than me!! LOL