Followers

Sunday 9 January 2011

If it wasn't bad enough...

...trying to think of presents for folk for Christmas - it is harder in January.

After the Christmas festivities my brain seems to shut-down as far as gift ideas are concerned **sigh**

One January Birthday I had to sort out early as my niece paid a flying visit at the end of November - it was too good an opportunity to miss...she took her gifts back with her (along with the Christmas ones) All sorted and no risk of getting lost in the post between here & Germany.

But that left DH...
Not the easiest of folk to buy gifts for at the best of times but I was lucky enough to pick up something I know he will like (sorry no pics as it is already wrapped to stop the person concerned peeking). That just left the problem of the card. DoCrafts brought out a range of items last year that I just loved - they involved images created by John Byars. This bit of decoupage seemed totally appropriate as it hints at DHs favourite football team (I'm sure you can guess - and yes it's sad LOL).

I made up the decoupage and decided to add a bit of stickles to the bubbles - not that you can see it from the photo. An insert created on the PC with a suitable sentiment and it was all done.

Two weeks to go to the actual day but as he doesn't come on here there is no worry about him seeing it (and the envelope is now sealed).

All sorted, and I promise...no more references/hints from me about "...forever blowing bubbles" (well at least until next year) LOL........................

4 comments:

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Oh gawd..having flashbacks to being stuck at Tottenham with rain dripping on my nose and the Hammers singing that!!! Aarrrrggghhhh - not the best night LOL

Lovely card though Toni :D
Julie xx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh lovely card, what a fabulous image. Good luck with the pressy buying. Kim

Linda M. Cain said...

So cute, and thanks for dropping by my blog!!

Linda

Winnie said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colours and that decoupage image is fab!