Followers

Sunday, 22 May 2011

Banishing...

...the Winter blues.

Yesterday was the most glorious day here weatherwise so I was in a happy mood. I also thought it was a good opportunity to buy some bits to brighten up the kitchen - add a bit of freshness & zing to chase away all thoughts of the dull, dark winter we have had. This wasn't just a whim to go out spending...honest...I really did need a new washing up bowl and a washing basket. So on the way back from Barleylands I stopped in at Matalan as I remembered seeing some new colourful kitchen stuff in there a couple of weeks ago.

Now you all know that I love aqua & teal...it isn't that colour LOL

To be honest, I love aqua & teal but to me they are bathroom or bedroom colours - so what did I get...LIME.
My kitchen is peachy cream & dark wood so I thought this would 'go' (I've had dark green in the past but I didn't want to go that route again).

Yesterday I came home with...a washing up bowl, a washing up brush, a utensil/sink tidy, a kitchen towel post and a mug tree...and no washing basket. Another trip back there today this time with Mum (she can be a bad influence - I'll say no more) and I now have a washing basket, a bucket and a waste caddy...I would have had a new waste bin too but they were out of the lime ones **purse sighed with relief**

One of the main reasons for taking Mum out today is that she has finally decided to join the computer age - we went to get her a laptop. She has signed-up for some classes at her local library and the man from Virgin media installs her broadband tomorrow - no holding her once she decides on something LOL

She is now the proud owner of a very nice Packard Bell laptop and I have to say the staff in PC World could not have been more helpful...they have even pre-set it so that everything is a bit bigger for her on the screen. She is one very happy little bunny.

Well after all that retail therapy we had to go and celebrate at the Harvester - ooooooooooooooo that Rocky Horror Sundae was smashing.............................

EDT: Yes Kristy, this is the same Grandma who can't send a text - I cleared the memory on her phone today of 11 unopened messages LOL.

6 comments:

Allison said...

looks a lovely colour to brighten up the kitchen
Allisonx

Mrs Elmo said...

Grandma has purchased a laptop!?!?!?!?!?! Haha are we talking about the same grandma who has yet to learn how to send a text haha

Debsg said...

I love Matalan homeware. You made a good choice.

The Crafty Elf said...

Wonderful kitchen accessories, they're lovely! My mom is 78 and loves her laptop. She got it a year ago and she hasn't looked back since.

Winnie said...

Wow, a spending spree! LOL Love the new goodies and hope they brighten up your kitchen. Good luck to your mum on joining the computer age!

Becky Brombley - Craft Jar said...

Great colour for summer! Would like to hope the good weather stays but the clouds are looking rather dark where I am! Becky x