Followers

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

I have made a start...

...on the retirement memory album - but that's all I've managed.

I went to Scrap night tonight determined to get stuck in...best laid plans, and all that. However, we had a new lady - not only new to our group but quite new to scrapping so it turned into a bit of a 'show & tell' evening.

So what did I get done?

I have some lovely heavy weight greyboard that is super for making covers with but it is a bit of a pig to cut. It is the sort of board that you have to score with the craft knife and then just keep going over the score-line until you cut right through. This can take a while and guess what - I measured wrongly so then had to cut a sliver off of one of the covers so that they matched...doh!!!
I cut a piece of PP from my Tim Holtz Kraft-resist stack to cover the front and decided to colour it with my Tumbled Glass Distress Ink pad - I'm rather pleased with the way it turned out.

That's the front cover covered...I think I'll cover the back with one of the ledger sheets from the same stack and I'll have to have a think about how I'm going to embellish the cover.

So, not a lot done but at least I've made a start................................

5 comments:

The Crafty Elf said...

I think it looks fantastic so far! Such pretty papers.

C. Camp said...

It is one step closer than you were yesterday! Lovely front cover.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

a start is a start, and it's looking good

Elaina said...

It looks like a great cover especially for a memory book. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

Winnie said...

Yes, at least you've started, and it looks good so far!