Followers

Monday 16 May 2011

How does your garden grow...

...well there's no silver bells or cockle shells in my garden but these are my pretty new flowers.
Aren't these frilly flowers lovely...
...and the colour of these is super.
Can you see what I meant when I said these ones were like antiqued paper?

Still haven't decided where they are going to 'live' but am thinking perhaps some pots near the back door. This way I'll be able to see them from the kitchen window and I'll pass them everytime I go to the car (it will be easier for watering too...LOL) - just need to sort out some nice pots.

On the crafting front, I have to say folk never cease to surprise me. I have a member of staff who will be retiring at the start of June (just about 3 wks away) and I've been toying with the idea of putting together a mini book for her. Unfortunately, I don't have many photos that would be suitable so hadn't really taken it any further. Today another member of staff came up to me and asked if I would be making "one of those nice scrap-booky things" and did I want some photos...

A lot of my colleagues show an interest in my card making but not many "get" the scrapbooking thing so this all came as quite a surprise. So it looks like I'm gonna have to sort out some PPs & embellies so that I'm 'good-to-go' when the photos arrive. I also have a sneaky feeling that this is a subtle hint that this lady would like a scrapbook done for her as she will be retiring in the New Year.

I'm not sure I'll ever get all my colleagues to understand scrapbooking but it seems I've made a small start...........................

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am envious of your new flowers, my garden is looking a little bit neglected at the moment. I am sure your work colleagues lust over your photo thingy's.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Not everyone gets us, but that's okay. At least you have a few on board Toni - lol.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Winnie said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! It's rather lacking in flowers around here at the moment, so looking at yours cheered me up. :D Your colleagues might not "get" scrapbooking, but they sound like they know a good thing when they see it. :D

Alix said...

gosh what pretty blooms...and how cool to be asked to make a leaving scrapbook! good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh love the flowers my friend they are fab. Ours are just starting to bloom.
Sounds like you will have some work to do for your work colleague, not everyone understands scrapbooking or the work that goes into those little scrapbooky things lol. I am sure she will love it though.There are lots of great scrapbook things over at the scrapbook garden. I have fallen in love with the crate paper collections.
hugs June x

Claire said...

Lovely photos Toni.
C
xx