Followers

Tuesday 8 November 2011

As Remembrance approaches...

...the poppies start to appear.

Is it just me or are more folk wearing poppies this year?

There are the usual paper ones but many folk can be seen sporting some beautiful creations. Even the British Legion seem to have pulled out the stops this year with a much wider range of poppy items; phone charms, trolley coins, wrist bands, silk pins, enamel pins and jute bags.

With a family member in the armed forces, this time of year is always one when we say a prayer for his safety and remember those that have not been so lucky..............

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I have seen a lot of people wearing poppies so hopefully more folk are realising how important it is to show support for the armed services and their families. I make sure I always wear a poppy at this time of year but I will have to look out for some of the other items too!

Debbie xx