Followers

Wednesday 23 November 2011

I thought I might...

...make another Advent calendar.

Yep I know, I can be a glutten for punishment at times LOL
I've gone for classic B&W for this set and as I don't own a set of the Spellbinders box dies these ones are 4x4inch squares that I have scored using my Crafter's Companion - I've made 12 boxes so far.
A couple of designs are mainly snowflakes...
...as you can see.
My original thought was to stamp the lids using my Clarity small floral swirl stamp and a white Brilliance ink pad - I had forgotten just how wet these ink pads are and after getting in a right mess just stamping two lids, I decided 'enough was enough'...made a right mess of the stamp too which meant a major cleaning effort - not my favourite passtime. However, I must say that the ink pad did provide good colour on the black CS.
I used some Glitteration circle stickers on a couple of the boxes.

Not sure how I'm going to decorate the other 12 or how I'm going to 'house' them as they are flatter boxes than my last lot. Something to think about...................

4 comments:

The Crafty Elf said...

Can't wait to see this finished! Nothing better than black and white Toni! Looking fantastic so far my friend!

Unknown said...

I like the black and white, i saw your 1st advent calendar but couldn't leave a comment for some reason. I think it's worth the effort. You can always keep them for next christmas and probably a lot more christmases!!
xxx

Debbie said...

That looks fabulous! I look forward to seeing the completed calendar!

Debbie x

gwyneth said...

These are fab Toni, what a great idea and I love the black & white colour scheme. Love the gold ones on an earlier post too.