Followers

Sunday 6 November 2011

Getting there...

...sloooooooooooooooooooowly!

Morning folks, hope your Sunday is a bit brighter than it is here - cloudy, dull...but at least it is dry for the moment. This post has quite a few photos so you might want to go and grab another cuppa before settling down to this.

My 2011 Christmas Planner is gradually coming together.

As you can see, I've gone for the greyboard/book ring option and the covers are made but not yet decorated...that's the next decision to make LOL
The board has been cut just slightly bigger than the envelopes that I'm using as pages and I've punched 5 holes ready for the rings. I thought 5 would be more secure than 3.
I have actually completed the title page...
...don't you just love Kerryanne's artwork - it is so enjoyable to use...
...and I love the little details like the stacks of presents.
At the moment, although I've coloured a lot of the template pages supplied I haven't actually made up the pages - I wanted to get the colouring sorted first.
Aren't these just adorable...the expressions are lovely and such fun. I have coloured them using a mix of Copics and Flexmarkers and if you've noticed a little bit of shine that's because I've used a stardust gel pen to highlight the stars.
I've had a slight problem with my colour choice for making the lists look a bit like parchment. The base colour I've used is Copic E50 and guess what...yep...it ran out. So off I toddled to get a new one (or two to be on the safe side) and they didn't have any - plenty of E51 but no E50. Luckily, after a rummage in my stash I did find another tucked away with some other pens - fingers crossed it lasts LOL
The Santa holding the 'Christmas Day Menu' is in his PJs - not surprising after his busy night LOL and I have kept him to the blue/mauve colour scheme.
This is the paper stack that I'm using for this project and as you can see, there is plenty of it so I don't think PP will be a problem.

I think Kerryanne is hoping that folk will share their planners in a linky party next week so I'd better get my finger out and crack on with this.

Catch you laters..............................

4 comments:

The Crafty Elf said...

Is this ever adorable! I agree that five rings will be better than three and the colour choices you've made are really great! Love those reindeer too! Can't wait to see your planner all done!

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie your planner Im sure is gonna look fab the colouring looks great hun & I cant wait to see it finished.
Do you not use the refills for your copics hun? It works out soooo much cheaper.....eventually anyway lol just build up slowly lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Allison said...

can't wait to see the finished planner, looking good so far
AllisonX

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Nice! Lovely pages and great idea on the 5 rings. What are you using the ribbon for?