Followers

Friday 4 November 2011

Christmas countdown...

...for someome special.

Many will have noticed that as soon as we hit 1st Nov t'net suddenly realised that Christmas wasn't that far away. Most crafters know that it happens every year - strange that (LOL) - but make the choice to either ignore the fact until the last minute or plan for it throughout the year. I sort of fall into both camps.

I love making Christmas cards and will happily do so throughout the year. I'll even make/buy the odd present...but...on the whole, most that is 'Christmas' doesn't really happen until December.

There!...and you all thought I was so organised **hehehe**

The lovely folk over at "Creative Craft World" have started their Christmas Countdown and you really should hop over there to have a look at the daily offerings - there is bound to be something that catches your eye. They also have their current card challenge running which involves "numbers &/or a sentiment".
As you can see, I've gone for both and I've also gone back to my Aqua & Red colour scheme for this one. The card is A4 smooth white CS folded in half with a matt of aqua CS. The number panels are white CS that has been embossed with the Cuttlebug 'Numbers' embossing folder and then inked with Ranger's Distress Ink in 'barn door'. There is a bittle of glitter on the number '24' but it doesn't show very well in the photo. The center of the card has been wrapped with crystal ribbon in Christmas red.
The sentiment is a Digi from Lynne Salmon over at Sentiments4you and I've used a Copic pen to edge it in aqua. A red/gold rose bud just adds a bit of bling and the 'Christmas Greetings' is hand written.

I'd like to enter this in the "Creative Craft World" challenge and also the "CHNC" challenge for this week where the theme is someone special.

Catch-up with you all later - 'puter willing..............................

5 comments:

CLaire said...

Will mr blogger let me comment today.... I do hope so... I have been popping over... honest
Love the card... and also love the last post... Christmas planner... the colours are wonderful.. I did try to comment last night on it..but blogger wouldnt play ball...
have a lovely weekend and hope you get the rest coloured
Claire

Debbie said...

Fab card, love that colour scheme and all the details! As usual, I am dawdling when it comes to making my Christmas cards - I hope to start them next week!

Debbie x

Lynn Stevens said...

I'm always so amazed how your so prepared for Christmas. I think I need some of your motivation. I barely started.
Darling card for the challenge, who knew #'s could look so good!
hugs Lynn

Hazel said...

Super card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 44 - hope to see you again for the new challenge that starts tomorrow morning. x

susibee said...

Super card, thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World.