Followers

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Anything goes...

..."in olden days a glimps of stocking was looked on as something shocking; now heaven knows...Anything goes" (I do like Cole Porter musicals).

Yep, ever since the folk over at "Just Magnolia and hAnglar & sTanglar" announced what the theme for the week 113 challenge was, I've had that tune going round in my head LOL

The actual challenge is - Anything goes with the optional extra of Shabby Chic. So this is what I came up with...
I thought I'd have another go at colouring the stamps in a single colour (last time I tried cool greys) so to try and get a slightly sepia effect I went with the warm greys - they do look a little more browny in daylight but not so in artificial light. I also attacked everything with Antique linen, Old paper and Frayed burlap Distress Ink pads.
I tried a photo against a darker background to see if it made any difference - not really.
The card blank is a sheet of smooth A4 white CS folded in half and then the edges inked to within an inch of their lives. The base matt was a piece of Hunkydory PP - again well inked. The next matt was a scrap of PP I had in my box (think it might be a bit from Costco) - this time I tore the edges before inking them. A piece of 'inked' paper doily, some web-lace, satin dot ribbon and a selection of blooms & pearls embellish the card.
Even the card that the stamped image is on got the ink treatment.

Hope you like my effort; why don't you have a look at what the DT and other folk have come up with....................................

5 comments:

fatmonica said...

Well I think all that inking has paid off!It's a great card-love that stamp.

Bubbles said...

Gorgeous! AND it's a card that makes me smile (always a bonus). Trouble is, now I have that darn Cole Porter song stuck in my head *lol*

Sue Jones said...

Beautiful!!!!

CLaire said...

So so nice...and the added blooms !!! well you know what I am going to say about them !!!!
(I can't find them on the internet anywhere.....)
The tilda image is so cute...
Good luck in the Challenge

Virginia said...

Wow this is gorgeous!