Followers

Saturday 16 July 2011

Pink and Blue...

...and I added some glitter too.

Challenge 105 over on the "LOTV" site askes that Pink & Blue be used to create a card. Now I'm not a great lover of these two colours used together - I prefer them on their own or used with brown (pink & brown always reminds me of chocolate dipped strawberries or ice-cream with chocolate sauce...yummy) - but isn't the point of challenges to get us to think outside of our comfort zones?

Anyhoo, I've given it a go and this is what I came up with...
I went for a larger card format so that I could have a play around with the layout.
This little fairy miss just had to have glittery wings and I also added a bit to her crown.
The spine of the card has been covered with a blue (embossed) dotty CS that I punched down one edge with my Martha Stewart Doily border punch and then inked with 'Tumbled glass' distress ink - I used the same ink pad to ink the edge of the image panel. The LOTV image was a printed image that came free with the latest Papercraft Inspirations magazine that I coloured with my Copic pens. The main PP on the card is some Hunkydory PP that came as a freebie with Creative Cards magazine - the edges have been inked with 'Victorian velvet'. The sentiment is a die-cut panel from Kanban and the blooms are a selection from various sources. A piece of crystal ribbon in pink and some felt butterfiles finish it off. It would not have been my choice to use these colours but I'm actually rather pleased with the way it turned out.........................................

19 comments:

Glen said...

Love the card Toni....especially the butterfly and the MS punched edged. TFS. ~Glen~

Tracey said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful Toni, I love that image & all the details :)
Hugs
Tracey
x

CLaire said...

AWWW a proper girly card... Hannah loves it... and thinks the fairy should be called Emma !!!
She has a book with fairy in of that name
love the colours.. the shades you used go together lovely
MS punch !!! mmm I feel a google moment coming on again !!!
hugs Claire

Sue Jones said...

wow that's beautiful! Gorgeous stamp

The Crafty Elf said...

This is such a pretty card with all the glitz and glamour a girl could ask for! Gorgeous Toni!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

So delicate! Beautiful card.

Bubbles said...

Oh... pretty pretty pretty!
So much detail... and you've used the perfect tones of pink and blue to match together.

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Toni, love your design and pretty colours.Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
Clairexx

Virginia said...

Wow Toni that is gorgeous, I love the filigree butterfly detail in the bottom left! Gorgeous stuff as always!

Winnie said...

Such a pretty card! I love the image, the colours and of course, the glitter! :D

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous,i love this image so much, gorgeous details, thanks for joining us at Lili of the Valley this week hugs pops x

vixen said...

Stunning card, lovely image and colours :)

Debbie said...

Fabulous card, really pretty, love the glittery wings!

Debbie x

Fifi-T said...

love the detail of all of those flowers and the butterfly

Simple homemade living said...

Toni your card is gorgeous. You pay such attention to detail x x x

Allison said...

very pretty card Toni
AllisonX

Michelle said...

Oh lovely card and so beautiful, I love the image too!

darcy48 said...

What a beautiful card and love the fairy image Arlinex

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, gorgeous card, love that image.
luv
Debby