Followers

Saturday 30 July 2011

A bit of stitching...

...Faux or otherwise.

Challenge #8 on the "TOMIC" site asks for stitching - real or faux - so I went for faux (not much of a surprise there LOL).
The backing paper is Kanban's 'Haberdashery Ribbons-Lace' which has stitching shown on it but I added some hand drawn stitching in black. I also went with my 'Patch Tilda' as I thought it was rather fitting.
The sentiment is added to a pink pearlised paper label that I cut with the second from largest die in the x-Cut set and I added some 'stitching' to this too.

'Patch' has been coloured to tie-in with the colours of the PP.

Unfortunately, I was running a bit late today and then blogger decided to go on a 'go-slow' so I missed the deadline - nevermind, at least I completed the card.

Think I might have a colouring in session this evening as there are a few more challenges coming up that I'd like to try................................

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Fingers crossed for you :)

nerllybird said...

Lovely effect with the stitching - is that a striped paper? I never thought of doing it with stripes!
Helen S

Mole said...

Am liking your background very much - you clever sew-and-sew!

voodoo vixen said...

Given the choice of getting the sewing machine out and putting the correct colour thread in a bobbin etcetera... I'd go with faux stitching too! Lovely card and the stripey background paper is perfect for your 'stitching'!!

The Crafty Elf said...

I used faux stitching on a card I made too Toni. Was afraid to bring out the sewing machine it's been so long! Your card turned out great....nice job!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a lovely card...I'm with you about the 'stitching' too! S xx