Followers

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Christmas card for a man...

...or boy is what the folks at "Winter Wonderland" asked for.

I decided to go for a vintage looking image as I wanted a male card that wasn't cute or comical. I know this wooden stamp of a traditional Santa was part of a DoCrafts Christmas promotion but I'm not sure if it was last year or the year before.
The base card is Kraft CS and I've kept things fairly simple both colourwise and as far as embellishments go. Some simple matting and a piece of Christmas red crystal ribbon.
You can see that I kept to a fairly limited colour selection for the image too. I tried to use my Copics to create a more vintagy (is that a word?) look without making any of the colours too bold.

Hope you like.....................

5 comments:

Linda said...

OH WOW!! This is so gorgeous.. I really love that santa.. Great vintage card!! Hugs, Linda

vixen said...

great xmas card :)

Squirrel x said...

Oh this is just fabulous hun, and perfect for our Men/Boys challenge! Thanks for playing at Winter Wonderland this week. Hugs Sxx

Virginia said...

This is gorgeous - very oldy worldy - not a look I can pull off with cards or layouts but you've managed it with ease! Loving the image!

Sandra said...

There is something comforting about a vintage inspied card