Followers

Saturday 13 August 2011

Summer weather...

...I don't think so!!!

With all this grotty weather we've been having it is very difficult to be motivated to create things that reflect 'Fun in the Sun' or even 'Holiday Fun' as requested by the challenges over at "KKKG" (challenge #55) & "Die Cut Dreams" (challenge #95). So trying to think of an idea I thought about what I like to do.

I love to go driving when I'm on holiday or just when the weather is good - you know, the sort of driving where you have nowhere specific in mind...you just follow the bonnet of your car LOL Here's what I came up with...
...the background is some more Kanban senic card.
The border down the spine of the card came from a sheet of borders PP from the 'simple stories - 100 days of Summer'. As you can see, it mentions summer activities.
This little Kenny K image obviously loves her car which just happens to be a soft-top...perfect for summer driving.

So after all the struggling to come up with an idea, I've actually covered two challenges - who would've thunk............................

11 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

so sorry the sun's not shinning today but your card sure is, just adorable!
hugs Lynn

Virginia said...

Yes miserable weather but your card cheered me up - your colouring in is gorgeous - mine is getting worse - much much worse!

The Crafty Elf said...

Rain, rain go away.....I hope you see sunshine soon! What a fun card Toni, your image is so adorable - she's awesome!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Cool thought process. Not only out of the box, it´s out of the room alltogether. :D

Sue Jones said...

Fab card! Its Sunny hear today ;)

Claire said...

fab card there Toni.
C
xx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie I know exactly what you mean I just love to drive.
Gorgeous gorgeous card hun I love the whole scene hun & your colouring is fab.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Dragonlady said...

Great card, and I love driving too!! Thanks for playing at Die Cut Dreams.

hugs Ali x

Kim Dellow said...

I can't keep up with this weather, I want sunshine and blue skys - always makes me feel better! But I love your blue sky! Fab Toni! Kim

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is fabulous! Love the design! Hugs, Karen

P.S. If you have time to stop by, I'm giving away some blog candy!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Love the bright funky feel of this one :)