Followers

Monday 8 August 2011

Frightening...

...goings on.

I'm sure most of you have seen details of the terrible events that have taken place in London over the weekend - riots, looting, arsen etc.

Well this afternoon we were advised by the police & security services that information led them to believe that Stratford (East London) was next on the hit list. So on their advice the office was closed with all the staff out and on their way home by 3.30pm. As I waited for a train at the station there seemed to be a lot of police about and Stratford seemed to be 'shutting down' - perhaps just as a safety precaution.

Isn't it a terrible state of affaires for things like this to have to happen just to ensure folk are safe................................

6 comments:

CLaire said...

Just make sure you and family stay safe... thinking of you...
(had to google as not heard anything about it over here...Looks very bad)

Gez Butterworth said...

Oh my lovely, take care.. thinking of you.Xxxxx Holding you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for your heartfelt comments on my blog. My little world is upside down at the moment but I just had to leave you a comment.

GOOD LUCK.XXX I've just caught the news and it look very scarey. Stay safe. Hugs, Gez.xxxx

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

It must be very frightening for you Toni. Take care!!
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Julia Dunnit said...

Can't help but be scared for you, although I want to be big and brave and say encouraging things. Batten down the hatches..take all the police advice and if it kicks off, come and stay with me.

Ruthie said...

Hiya hun

Yep, certainly lots of fun at the moment isnt it?

Rx

Sandra said...

I can't tell you how angry it makes me what they're doing to our beautiful & amazing city. Stay safe