Followers

Saturday 13 August 2011

Masking...

...is not something I've done before with stamping.

I've used masks when playing with sprays (Cosmic shimmers, Tattered angels) and I've masked areas when playing with a brayer to create backgrounds...I've never done masking with stamps but that's what the lovely folk over at "TOMIC" have asked for as part of their Challenge #10.

I so wanted to use the lovely little Pony-tail Tilda that I had won but didn't have any other suitable stamps to use with her. As I had a loyalty voucher from one of my local craft stores I decided to have a look and see what they had left in their stock of Magnolias and I found this cute trunk & signpost.
This was the first attempt at combining the two stamps and I didn't quite manage to line them up correctly.
Isn't it amazing the uses that can be found for Post-it notes...LOL
The second stamping was far more successful and I coloured the image with my Copics.
This is the finished card which I decided didn't need any frills or flounces - I just let the image stand as the main feature. Hope you like.....................

8 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

great masking job, super sweet card!
hugs Lynn

Camilla said...

Gorgeous card! It is a lovely scene:)
Thanks for joining TOMIC this week.
Have a lovely evening!
Hugs, Camilla

Virginia said...

I can't believe you've not done this before because you are very obviously a natural at this, I love the images you've used - must trying this again myself - love it!

Jodie from Oz said...

Toni, I love your scene, the images are so sweet together & I love your background. So glad you joined us at TOMIC this week, it is wonderful trying new techniques. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jodie from Oz xx

The Crafty Elf said...

Awesome Toni....nuff said!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Wow, fab work with the masking. You must have a very steady hand and a great eye for that.

Sue Jones said...

Gorgeous card - perfect masking!!

Dan said...

I love using masking :) You'd never know you weren't a masking expert!