Followers

Monday 15 August 2011

Thank you...

...with a touch of Faux stitching.

Challenge 109 at "LOTV" is a Thank You card whilst the folk at "The Paper Shelter" want to see a bit of stitching (Real or Faux) for their Challenge #26.

I thought I'd try using some brighter summery colours and this is what I came up with...
A 6x6 white card blank - top half covered with Papermania Blue collection PP and the bottom half some golden yellow Core-dination CS from a 6x6 'Brights' stack. The yellow card has been punched along the edge using the Martha Stewart Doily border punch.
The sentiment was what was asked for and this has been matt & layered on the PP & CS then attached to the card using 3D foam.
The blooms have been kept very simple on this card and as you can see there is 'faux' running stitch around both the main card and the image panel.
My little LOTV miss has been coloured with Copics in shades to match in with the PP & CS used.

The LOTV has an extended closing date (Wed 31 Aug) so if you want to play along you still have plenty of time.....................

8 comments:

Ali said...

Love that boa! So cute, my DD would love to receive a card like this.

Anonymous said...

Oh Toni, this is darling !! I think the bright summery colours work beautifully and its a gorgeous card.
Thanks for your comment on Daniella's spotlight yesterday.
If you get chance, please pop by my Dezinaworld blog and check out the backgrounds and a special 24 hour only freebie i am giving away. Have a lovely day
hugs June x

Linda said...

Really pretty Toni :)

Linda

The Crafty Elf said...

Such a cute card Toni and I think I will play along., thanks!! I will like you, be using faux stitching! Great colours

Sue Jones said...

adorable as always :D

Sandra said...

Isn't she a cutie

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is stunning!

CLaire said...

She is so so cute... and I will have to go have a look to see were that stamp comes from... you colour perfect and the colours go together so well...
Claire