Followers

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Food...

...Glorious Food.

Challenge 31 over at "CHNC" want cards to feature festive food - something you would eat at Christmas and the folk at "Creative Craft World" want anything but birthdays featured on their cards.

Christmas pudding is festive food and 'Christmas' is an event (religious/commercial/traditional - your choice) so I think I have both challenges covered...
I've gone for a sepia/shabby look without too much fuss about it. I have used Ranger Distress Ink pads in 'old paper', 'antique linen' and 'frayed burlap' on a smooth white CS base.
The puddings are stamped using the frayed burlap and then given a bit of bling with some stickles. The panel has been matted onto a piece of PP from last year's 'Penelope & Percy' paper pack.
The base card has been double stamped in old paper & antique linen.

The stamps were also from last year's Christmas range - by Papermania.

I thought the card would be ideal for one of my male colleagues...............

9 comments:

Hazel said...

The sepia look is refreshingly different - love the puddings! Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 31 - hope to see you again soon. x

Sandra said...

I like the vintage feel to this one :)

Linda said...

This is awesome.. Love the glitter you added..
Hugs, Linda

Debbie said...

That's a great way to cover both challenges! And it really works as a card for a male or female.

Debbie x

Nicki Tustin said...

cool puddings

Choccy said...

A beautiful card Toni
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our ' Anything but Birthdays' challenge.
Choccy x

Ali said...

Love this :)

Virginia said...

Oh Toni that's gorgeous - you've got me looking at my stack of Christmas cards wondering if I've made enough (and I'm no card maker), thank you for the gorgeous inspiration!

Lynn Stevens said...

how cute, hey maybe by Christmas I'll actually have my appetite back. LOL
hugs Lynn