Followers

Sunday 21 August 2011

Isn't this a...

...lovely scene.
Clean washing flapping in the breeze (image found on Google).

Today has seen no crafting what so ever but for the first time in ages I managed to get all my washing done and 'line dried' - I can't remember the last time I was able to do this (problem of working full time).

Knowing I would be at Mum's all day, I took my washing with me to bung in her machine. I have to say, I didn't hold out any hopes of being able to peg it out as the sky wasn't looking too friendly first thing this morning. However, the weather proved me wrong and Mum's sun-trap of a garden had just enough of a breeze crossing it for me to peg out her washing & mine and get it all dry. No airer full of damp washing for me this week or need to use the tumble drier - result!

This is one of the bug-bears of working full time - you can never be sure the weather will be good all day so I won't peg stuff out only to have it rained on before I get home from work. One thing you can normally be sure of is that if the weather is going to be good I'll be stuck at work unable to take advantage of it - but not today...yipee.

The smell of fresh line-dried washing is one of those smells that has got to be a favourite with many folk otherwise why would some of the big scented candle makers try to reproduce it.

So, no crafting today folks but a lovely pile of fresh smelling 'dry' washing........................

8 comments:

vixen said...

Well done on the washing :)

Sue Jones said...

yayyyyyyy - having five of us, I never get to the bottom of the washing basket!! ANd if you do get it all done, you have to iron it! LOL
I have been trying to catch up as its holiday time and I am not at work but i noticed this morning that it was overflowing again - So Congratulations :)

CLaire said...

WOW.. I don't think I have ever had an empty wash basket... maybe for ten minutes.. after the what I thought was last load going in... but then it is the dreaded ironing !!!!!
now that pile is ALWAYS there.... lol
Well done you x

Unknown said...

A lovely picture. I can even smell it as I have a Yankee Candle Fluffy Towel fragrance in my tart burner.

Allison said...

can't beat the smell of fresh washing
AllisonX

Sandra said...

I totally agree, nothing as nice a feeling than washing all done and dusted

Debbie said...

I don't think I've ever experienced the fresh scent of line-dried washing because I hang mine up indoors, but you have conjured up a very nice image there!

The Crafty Elf said...

Ohhhh.....don't you just love the smell? I had all my windows open today (a cooler day in the forecast) to get that fresh smell throughout the house. We aren't allowed to line dry here unfortunately but we can put out racks to hang clothes on. Weird I know. I love to put my laundry outside to dry. I dry most everything either on a rack or by hanging folded over hangers. Hate the bumps hangers leave on the shoulders.