Followers

Sunday 24 April 2011

How many Spring Spheres did you have...

...yep, the P.C. brigade have been at it again - so be warned - rant alert!!!
Apparently we shouldn't refer to our seasonal treats as Easter Eggs as it could cause offence (???)...instead we should refer to them as Spring Spheres.

Well if we are going to get picky, I'd like to point out that they are not spheres they are eggs - big difference shapewise as far as I'm concerned.

Can someone tell these sad individuals with nothing better to do to 'go away' and leave our holidays/holydays alone. I for one will continue to enjoy "Easter" with my Easter Eggs - just as I enjoy "Christmas" with my Christmas pud & cake (it is not Festive pudding).

So back to the original question - in its proper format - how many Easter Eggs did you have and did you enjoy them..................................

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello this metter is extremely interesting. Keep it going friend !

The Crafty Elf said...

Oh ......I agree!!! Happy Easter

Diane said...

Correct, let them go and play on the white lines on the M25. That should sort them out!!

Have an eggerly chocolately Easter!

Diane.

voodoo vixen said...

Happy Easter Toni... and yes, they are Easter Eggs and the first company that calls them anything else will lose me as a customer!! Cheek. You don't want to live in a country that Christmas and Easter then I think you should be living somewhere else and leave us to enjoy it!! ;) Oooh rant over... it gets me... I have to live in these 'other' countries and respect their rules, I expect no less for my own country.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Really? I hadn´t read anything about that.
Three to share with hubbie. Two eggs and a bunny to be precise.
I wonder how I should call the Easter bunny then. *Paula goes away wondering, perhaps to eat her chocolate so she doesn´t have to wonder any more*

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Hope you enjoyed your EASTER eggs!!

Anonymous said...

none and i woulda called them Easter eggs if i did lol. So stupid isnt it?
well hun, happy easter to you my friend and thanks for being so supportive
big hugs June xxxx

Winnie said...

I didn't get any Easter Eggs, and I wouldn't call them anything else! I agree that they aren't spheres, not even close! Good grief...!