Followers

Thursday 7 April 2011

Would you believe it...

...not one of us took a picture of the "View Tube".
Between us yesterday there must have been at least 4 cameras and nearly everyone had a phone with a camera built in...so how did we manage not to take a pic of the place we were actually going to see **shakes head in amazement** I asked today and everyone answered with the same shocked look on their faces...not a single pic.

There was nothing else for it but to go and look on the 'Net and these are the closest pics to what I actually saw during my visit.
You can see that it is rather a strange building but it has a great vantage point on a section of raised ground that gives it a super view of the area.

Just thought I should let you see what is was that I was going on about yesterday - LOL..................................................

6 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Yes odd, but a great idea

Julia Dunnit said...

How fascnating TJ. You'd think that in order to keep the locals and therefore the most affected onside, that free and whenever tours should be available.....I don't get that sort of short sight!

Katherine said...

Sounds like a great trip - definately an unusual and very striking building :)

Allison said...

that sounds like something I would do- even if I take my camera I forget to take the photos!
AllisonX

Ruthie said...

Oh Toni - I hope you get to go on one of the tours...we were lucky enough to get on one...before most of it was built...and it was great to see it all at that stage. They also told you some really interesting things like....before they consider the main area done, they have to do a "flush test" - that is, every single loo in the place has to be flushed at the same time to ensure the system is up to it! Just made me laugh!

Rx

Winnie said...

Not sure about the colour!! That's funny how no-one thought to take a picture of it! At least you found some good pics online. Thanks for showing us!