Followers

Saturday 2 April 2011

There are times when...

...the more you look at a project, the more it seems wrong.
Remember this? I posted this a while ago and the intention was that I would use it as the Mother's Day card for Mum; tomorrow. I love the design subject, I love the Prima rose but...

The more I looked at it the more I didn't like the over all effect.

I came to the conclusion that the rose was too big for the design so I changed it (I know Andy, just as we discussed today - the more time you have to think about something, the more you want to tinker and change it LOL).

Well I tinkered & I changed and this is what resulted...
The rose is gone and it has been replaced by a garden load of little PaperMania Satin Buds.
I think the smaller flowers work a lot better and the use of lots of the 'buds' helps to create more of a garden feel to the design.
I still love the decoupage and I think the whole thing 'pulls together' more.

The Prima roses are still some of the most beautiful crafting blooms around but I think I'll hang on to this one and mix it with some other blooms of a similar size on a different project.

Well that's it...no more tinkering on this one - promise............................

8 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

I love that big rose, its gorgeous, but not on that card, have to agree, the little bouquet of spring flowers is so much better and in keeping with the theme!!
OK.. I must have been living in a cave or something because I hadn't realised that it is Mother's day tomorrow!! Oh no!! Do you think she will forgive me if I do the French Mother's Day instead? She does live in France...

Katherine said...

I think your tinkering is great - the little flowers look fab on it :) Your mum will love it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Toni, thanks for your lovely comment my friend. I adore this sweet card and those florals are gorgeous, love the spring feel to it too.
hugs June xxxxx

Sandra said...

oh it's beautiful :) I agree with you, the tinkering brings a different feel to it. More spring like, I think. She'll love it.

Allison said...

both versions are lovely
Allisonx

Winnie said...

I think the small flowers look better as they don't take away from the lovely decoupage. Hope your mother loved it. :D

Scrappy~Sarah said...

wow that is beautiful :)

Lynn Stevens said...

I agree, all the flowers are blooming beautiful and add so much to the card, Well done, no doubt she will Love it!
hugs Lynn