Followers

Friday 8 April 2011

Variation...

...on a theme.

Late in 2009 I scraplifted an idea and tweeked it a bit to come up with this

I've been trying to scrap a few more photos from my niece's wedding and decided to go with the same design but different colours. This is what I came up with...
I thought this would make a perfect opening page for my album of the wedding.
As the colour scheme for the wedding was ivory, burgandy and silver I did make use of a couple of peel-offs just to keep the colours right (I couldn't find any rub-ons that would "go").
Some of the detail has been lost in the photographing of the LO. The ivory CS is a pearl card with a leathery texture to it and this was used for the base of the LO, the shaped matt and the photo matt. I also punched the small flowers from the same card. The burgandy circle is a precut bazzill shaped CS. Whilst the 3 PPs used were from a Basic Grey 6x6 paper stack (not sure which one as the cover was missing). The red flowers are PaperManis and are attached with gem brads.

Isn't it amazing how different something can look just by changing the colours..............................................

8 comments:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Lovely. Love the clusters of details.

Michelle said...

Looks lovely - I know what you mean about your LO looking nicer in real life.... but what I see looks fab.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Beautiful page

Lynn Stevens said...

What a pretty layout, it never shows as well in pictures.
hugs Lynn

MiniOwner said...

Oh that is lovely - those colours are gorgeous!
Sue x

voodoo vixen said...

Love the boldness of the colour scheme Toni and it will be a perfect opening page for the album!!

Claire said...

gorgeous LO Toni, love the colours.
C
xx

Winnie said...

Lovely LO! I agree that changing the colours can make a design look very different and never boring!