Followers

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Some new Stamps...

...but in two minds about some.

The current DoCraft promotion has a selection of new clear stamp sets.

This image is from one of the John Byars new "Nostalgia" sets (I hope to be picking the other set up at the weekend). Both sets are male based so at last there are a selection of images to help deal with those difficult male cards.
This was the first one that I have coloured and I was quite pleased with the finished effect. I think this image will be great for teens upwards.

Another new set of stamps are part of the new "Tulip" range.
Whilst I love the images (this is the first of the images coloured - two different colourways) I'm not so sure about the actual stamps. They are rather small and fiddly for colouring in and I can't say that I particularly enjoyed colouring them.
I think I've given them a fair shot as I tried two different colour schemes to see if that helped my opinion at all...the jury is still out.

Now these I am really enjoying colouring...
I was never sure about the faces on the Tildas but I have to say that they have started to 'grow' on me. Anyhow, face or no face...I love the size of the Tilda stamps as I find them great for general colouring and also playing with the shading effects. "Patch" is certainly getting a good amount of useage...

I might give the "Tulip" stamps a go with just stamping onto a distress inked background or a 'misted' item to see if I like that effect any better. Other than that I think the colouring will have to be kept fairly basic as I really do think they are too small to worry about shading. I'll have to see what works best for me...........................................

8 comments:

Jules said...

Love the Nostalgia image Toni, great job with the colouring. The Tulip images look fiddly to colour but you've done a fantastic job with them - it's all about enjoyment though, so it's definitely worth trying other techniques. Look forward to seeing what you do with these!

Julia Dunnit said...

Well it's hard to tell that the Tulip stamps are fiddly - you've made such a great job of them. I saw another DO Crafts release recently that was so small and detailed that colour or even clarity was an issue - I wish the artwork could be brushed up by a stamper!!

voodoo vixen said...

You appear to be having fun none the less! ;) I think the one with the umbrella would be fab embossed in gold onto a dark paper... no colouring in then! ;)

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

I quite like the Tulip series. I see your point about the colouring areas being too small though.

My not so simple life said...

Love all the images but particually the nostalga. Very boyish nd in great detail.

Elaina said...

Love the Nostalgia image but have to agree with you about the Tulip ones. Life is too short for colouring small, fiddly images.

Winnie said...

I think you've done a great job nonetheless. I agree though, small images are very hard to colour properly.

Ruthie said...

Great colouring hun...funny about the Tildas though - Tony hates them because they are "missing most of their features". I think they're cute, but often over-rated!

Rx